Friday, February 26, 2010

Can I cut my own hair/Tips on cutting my own hair?

I don't have the money to go to the hair cutting place... And I want to cut my own hair. Something I've never done before.


Any tips on what to do. I'm just going to use a pair of scissors and maybe a brush. Should it be wet? Dry? Straightened?Can I cut my own hair/Tips on cutting my own hair?
Wet to use scissors, dry for a buzzer. Two mirrors to see the back. Oh, by the way, it is a really bad idea to cut your own hair. Ask a friend or family member.Can I cut my own hair/Tips on cutting my own hair?
you can try but it might not work well, my cousin a non professional cut my hair once and it didn't turn out right.





go to a cheap place for 10-15$
the only time i've cut my own hair, is to snip off


the tips of my hair. but that was make it grow longer.
go to a beauty school or where hair dress in-training goes...they offer free hair cuts.
You can get magazines about hairstyles that have directions on how to cut the styles in the pictures your self. It's easier to cut it wet and use clips to section it off.





I have been cutting my husband and children's hair for many years and have saved hundreds of dollars.
i tried it once so trust me when i say DO NOT CUT YOUR OWN HAIR! if you have to wait a few weeks and save up some money, it will be well worth it, trust me.
Not a good idea!!!!! go someplace cheap like sam's or i dunno....there are lots of places where u can get it done for ten dollars, but if you must do it yourself be very carefull....one wrong snip and you could end up with a huge bald spot...and try to get some fine scissors....not ones you would use for paper etc...and it should be wet....
I think it depends on what you want to do to it.


If its something drastic then maybe you should go to a hair salon to get it done


but if its something like trimming your bangs or layers then maybe.





I cut my own hair


I use a razor, regular scissors and these texturizing scissors I bought at sallys beauty supply.





if you wear your hair straighted all the time then yeahh it should be straightened


I like cutting my hair when its dry
i cut my own hair all the time


well first off, i think you should watch a few videos and do some research so you know what you're doing


i mean, it's your hair after all. it's gotta look good (:


your hair should be wet. ive tried doing it dry and the split ends don't really go away.


what you should first do it section your hair. like the bottom hair first and pin up the top hair.


i actually don't use a scissor; i use one of those eyebrow razor thingss. they're great for layering.
Rule #1 I learned: ALWAYS cut it WET!!





But if you want a good cut cheep then find your local beauty school...





My friend in Arizona got student that wanted to learn how to do highlights and streaks so my friend gave her permission to ';Go nuts and do what you think looks nice'; and 4 hours later she had the most elaborate and expensive dye job you could imagine on any movie star for only $25.00.





If you just got a cut or advice then I'm sure it would be cheeper.





I cut my own hair but I have EXTREAMLY curly hair so I don't really need to worry about exact cuts and making everything perfect... When it curls up you can't tell the dif. (My hair actually looks almost exactly like my Avatar! LOL!)





When I cut my hair I wash it and deep condition it, rinse it VERY well, comb it straight back then put it into pig-tails and cut it to the approximate length I want.





I then comb it to the style that I am aiming for and trim it small snip by small snip until I have the shape I want.





The trick is to always cut LESS then you think you should...





You can always cut MORE but it takes a long time to grow out your misstakes!!!!





This last time I cut my hair I ended up cutting it shorter then I intended because I got distracted by a phone call... I got a little upset after the call and cut too much off...





I was able to save the look but it really taught me to PAY ATTENTION!!





Lock the door, shut off the phone, sedate any children, and put the dog on the patio...





Oh, and simple is always better!





Go for it!! Worst case is that you need to wear a hat for a while.
IF YOU JUST WANT TO GET A LITTLE LIFT AND BODY YOU COULD MAKE A STAR SHAPE AT THE CROWN OF YOUR HEAD YOU WOULD DESIGN THIS WITH A RATTAIL COMB PUT IT INTO A PONYTAIL TWIST IT THREE TIMES AND THEN CUT TWO INCHES OFF OF THE END THIS IS CALLED THE STAR HAIRCUT AND IT REALLY GIVES YOU ENOUGH OF A CHANGE WITHOUT BEING DRASTIC GOOD LUCK AND TAKE YOUR TIME
i totally feel you! ive been cutting my hair for years and it always comes out great. it should be dry, unless u are planning on cutting a lot off, then its best to be damp, especially if u are cutting bangs. for your first time i suggest doing a little bit at a time, until u find the right length. also, dont use regular scissors, you can go to any drug store and pick up hair cutting scissors, they have thinner blades and arent as bulky. ive been doing it so long, now i do my boyfriend's hair! goodluck and happy trimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment