Friday, February 26, 2010

Hair tips please for African American hair?

OK if i deep condition my hair how long do i need to wait before I do an hotoil treatment? Also, whats the best way to do an hotoil treament?Hair tips please for African American hair?
You don't mention if you have natural or relaxed hair. African American hair by nature is usually dry so we can never over moisturize it. You don't need to wait to do a hot oil treatment. You can do it whenever you like. I have natural hair, I deep condition it every time I wash it (1 - 2 times a week). Once a month, I do a hot oil treatment before I wash it. I use Carol's Daughter products. I heat the oil in the microwave, put it all over my hair, put on a shower cap and sit under a hood dryer. If you don't have a hood dryer, wrap a towel around the shower cap to keep in the heat. After about 30 minutes, just wash your hair and condition at usual.





If you have a relaxer, you may want to skip the conditioner after you do a hot oil treatment to keep your hair from looking oily.





www.carolsdaughter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment